Composition of the Central Committee
The Central Committee shall have 22 members, 10 Management Side members and 12 Staff Side members. The Management Side members shall be appointed by the Board of Colleges Scotland and the Staff Side shall be appointed by the unions on the following basis:
EIS - 7 Members
UNISON - 3 Members
UNITE - 1 Member
GMB - 1 Member
The functions of the Central Committee of the NJNC will be:
- to discuss broad issues relating to pay policy
- to negotiate and decide on Agreed Conditions of Service matters common to Defined Staff across the sector other than where matters are assigned to the standing sub committees
- to advise on equalities issues common to all employees across the sector
- to agree on matters which are best delegated to sub-committees which are unique to a particular occupational group
- to discuss, review and where appropriate reach agreement on matters referred by sub-committees
- to agree short life, cross cutting and special interest sub-committees
- to conduct other matters, such as research or information gathering processes and procedures, as are mutually agreed between the parties to this Agreement
- issue advice on the interpretation of any National Collective Agreements reached on request by anybody represented by the signatories to this Agreement.
View the Central Committee Members.
View the Meeting Schedule.
View the Central Committee Minutes.